Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

So. This is what's happening.

I am a control freak. I thrive on it. I'm good at being in control. I also will be giving up much of my control today. Here's why.

Tuesday evening (3/31/2015), while I was having nighttime prayers with Robin, I had (what we thought was) a mild stroke. An amazingly generous neighbor ran over to watch the girls while Mike and I headed to Baylor to see what was going on. X-rays and CT Scans sent me to Baylor in McKinney for an MRI. And then a second MRI. We spent the day waiting to see a neurologist, and were told they've located a tumor in my right frontal lobe. (Shocking, right? I know, we thought so, too.)

We've laughed and cried and had visits from friends and family. I'm ready to check in to the hospital now. I'll shave my head and have my surgery and we will focus on how this can bring glory to God. That's why I'm here and that's how we'll use it.

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.  -Psalm 23:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment